A perfect way to use up any leftover veggies for a satiating lunch or side! Roasting the cauliflower adds much more depth to the flavor, so don’t skip this step.
- 1/4 a head of cauliflower, broken down into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup leek, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth/veggie broth (or enough to cover veggies)
- Splash of milk (optional)
- 1 yukon potato, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prep cauliflower and place in a roasting pan or baking tray. Toss in a generous amount of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 30 mins or until the cauliflower is lightly browned.
- In a medium sized pot, sauté onions in butter for about 5 mins. Add leeks and sauté another 5 mins. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in 2/3 of the roasted cauliflower to the pot. Pour in chicken broth so that it covers the cauliflower by 1/2 inch. Add the milk. Let this come to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Season with salt, pepper.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, blend the soup and pour back into the pot. You can now add in your potatoes and remaining cauliflower. Cook the soup on a gentle simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with a piece of buttered, crusty bread and a drizzle of olive oil on top. Enjoy!