These tacos are so juicy and surprisingly easy to make. The flavor-packed adobo sauce makes for a more unique taco night that would surely impress guests!
- Corn or flour tortillas
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Shredded cheese (Monterey Jack or Oaxaca work best)
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 cup chicken broth
- bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- pickled red onion (optional for garnish)
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful of cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, de-seed for less spice
- 1.5 tbsp Adobo
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Prep your chicken by rubbing the spice rub on both sides. Pan fry in some oil for 5-6 mins per side, just until the chicken is cooked
- While chicken is cooking, blend the ingredients for the avocado crema. If it’s not blending, add a dash of water to help smoothen. Finish the crema with salt to taste.
- Once the chicken is ready, remove and shred with 2 forks. It should be tender, juicy, and easy to shred apart.
- In the same pan the chicken was in, add your can of chipotle peppers in adobo and chicken broth. Add in shredded chicken back in and bring to a simmer.
- Once the sauce has mainly evaporated, your chicken is ready to go.
- Assemble tacos by heating up the tortilla on a burner, adding cheese, chicken, cilantro, onion, avocado crema and pickled onions. Yum!